Tuesday, November 2, 2010

“Get out there and cast your vote….you count!!!” Part II

2010 US election results
Democrat | Republican
US House 108 153 seats
US Senate 47 seats* 42 seats

Well it seems the seats are filling up and what did it matter? To most of us, we’re hoping the candidate that won, has the American people at heart. We’re hoping this person does what matters to us and not the selfish reasons they have had in the past. Maybe it’s just the circle of politics that just happens. I was thinking about a few things tonight as I watched the election totals came in and the news switched back and forth to the delegates headquarters. Of course there was a party in some places and there was disappointment in others. So I did some research on one in particular, they charged $250 per head to be there. WHAT?!!! Now this place was PACKED!!! I know some had to be higher than that but I just paid attention to this one. I know some had to be around $2000 a head easily. So what was I thinking? I think most politicians start out honestly, investing their own money to just get started. This is the low level politicians who have the knack, or the voice, to look/act like they know what politics are. They may do at that level because at that level, they are really taking care of their friends from the local lodge or card playing group. Places where they sit around the table and say the city needs to do this for us. You should run for office type friends. These friends invest in this person’s campaign. You know it’s pretty cheap at that level. You throw a couple parties and serve pigs in a blanket with bottled Budweiser in a metal tub field with ice. You’re successful at this level and you catch the eye of a local power mover who is friends with another power mover at the state level. They get introduce and another dream is launched, you should run for state office. This state prime mover provides you with the platform to run for state office and starts introducing you to even more movers at the state level. You are now being transferred from one pocket to the other as the level of office you’re running for becomes a reality. You’re now a state senator or congressman. I use small caps in describing this group of people for my own reasons. To me, they have lost there way because when they turn around to see who’s supporting them now, it is not that local friend who said you should run for city councilman, it is now big business that needs you to run road block over the American public so they can make more money. Start doing some research on some things. You’d be surprise and some of the things you will find out about your candidate. Now not all candidates follow this golden rule of politics but the majority of them who represent us do. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. People like me will not be good candidates. I’m too honest at times and I really don’t like politics. Can I be bought, yes but the question is can my integrity be bought? That is a no. That would be my down fall in office. I can hear the question now that would get me in trouble. “Stretch, how do you feel about religion and how it plays with abortion rights?” That is the toughest question every candidate faces. I know a lot of you reading now are saying so what is your answer? Here’s what I would say.

I love this country because you have freedoms those
other countries try to emulate. The freedom of religion
is a right to believe and serve your god the way that
you want to. That freedom does not give you the right
to judge. Although I’m against abortion, there are times
when a woman has the right to choose. Victims of rape,
molestation, and emergencies where a mother has to choose
to continue pregnancy and risk death. There are other
cases to mention but I cannot look into the eyes of one
of these women and say you must keep this child. For
those who have non planned pregnancy, there are ways to
reach them to think about other means but in the end, it
is still their choice. Religion has a place for everything
but it’s place is not to judge but to forgive.


Uh-oh Stretch, you just lost the race. You are going down in flames. You just put down religion. All I can say to that was at least I was honest and I don't think I put down religion. Think about some of the answers you’ve heard about this topic and ask yourself was I honest or was I pulling your leg. So back to the political race that’s finalizing its tally of votes. Did your candidate win? I hope so. If you look at the stats above on the house and senate seats, all I can say is here we go again. It’s pay back time. A friend of mine who is a political blogger wrote, did we have a political tsunami or tidal wave. I’m not going to quote him word for word because I did not gain permission to first. I’m that type of guy. I have to clear something first before using. You should stop by and read his political blogs. He can open your eyes on a few things. His name is Kenneth "Augustus" Walker and he runs “The Augustus Blog”. If you Google that, you will find it. Become a follower as I have but remember one thing, these blogs are just our words and our views. We don’t want to convince you of something and you become a band wagon jumper, we just want to show you another side in hopes that your mind is open and willing to accept another’s opinion on things. You won’t be disappointed with his views; he actually does a lot of research and gives you his heartfelt opinion. My blogs, I just write from the heart. Thanks for stopping by Stretch’s Corner and these are just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment